Friday 14 November 2014

Sketches - Film poster and magazine ideas/inspiration

























On the right, I took the same idea of the man's position however I did not change the character as I do not know what my character will look like yet. I liked the idea that my character based poster should take some concepts from the Chinese film poster on the left. Instead for my film poster I want my character face with more shadow on one side of his face to show a 'shady' character, making it more mysterious about what this film is about.

























For my film magazine, I wanted to have two main character put onto the front cover to show my focus is not just on one main character but on two. On the left Total Film have the two main protagonists of its main movie "The Adjustment Bureau", which their appearance and outfit will be similar to what my actors shall be wearing. However I want my characters to face back-to-back, to show they have differences as they will be the brother and sister. My masthead is Demand, this name for my magazine would appeal to those who demand for new upcoming movies. The house style will be more neat, all the text's will not overlap the main image.

1 comment:

  1. I can see you beginning to engage with planning her and feel your front cover meets conventions well. Be careful to not just copy the idea from the Jon Woo poster - I do love the use of chinese writing though and feel you should most definitely incorporate some Japanese!

    ReplyDelete